Do you already have a WordPress website or are you considering WordPress as a content management option for a new website or website redesign? In this section of our website, you will find an intro to WordPress, a list of benefits of building your website on the WordPress platform, and why you may need to work with a WordPress expert even though WordPress is supposed to be a friendly system for DIY websites.
WordPress is the world’s most popular, open-source, content management system for websites on the Internet. Don’t believe me? Check out this list of stats published by CODEINWP here.
WordPress boasts a famous installation time of 5 minutes or less, and is available via a one-click install by many web hosting providers. Speed is a critical consideration in any technical development in the information age.
Additionally, being open source, there is world-wide support and development happening around the world to make this a truly innovative, continually evolving and agile platform, while continually paying attention to online security through patches and regular updates.
Here is a list of benefits and advantages of using WordPress for your website content management system (CMS). WordPress is a good choice for you if one or more of the following requirements defines your online web project:
- You need your website up quickly. And by quickly, it is possible to have your entire site built within a week or less. (This of course depends on what stage your content development is in.)
- You plan to update your website regularly. WordPress makes it easy to update and grow your website, including basic features of adding new pages, updating your menu navigation, and publishing blog articles, as well as more advanced features of adding new products to your shopping cart, adding events to your calendar, managing a secure members’ area, and more! You can even login to the cell phone app to make updates on the go and at your convenience.
- Your website is a collaborative project. You would like to assign work to multiple people and see the potential in having a built-in login system with multiple levels/roles available.
- You are going to expand and evolve your website over time. WordPress has thousands of “plugins” and “widgets” available to expand the functionality of your website. If you can think of it, it’s probably already already built and is ready to add to your site in a matter of minutes.
- You see the long-term benefits of setting up a database-driven website and are ready to make the investment for a more efficient and sophisticated system.
- You like the idea of being able to refresh your website’s design every couple of years by simply choosing and applying a new WordPress “theme” to overlay your current website architecture and content, instead of having to start from scratch when you need a new look.
- WordPress has a large and active community, providing voluminous documentation and excellent support.
At the same time, there are certain situations where you may not actually require a full-blown WordPress website and a hand-coded custom website would be a better option for you. If you are deciding whether you need a WordPress website or custom-coded website, check out this helpful infographic we created to guide you in your decision making.
Regardless of the fact that WordPress facilitates the ease of website design, creation and maintenance, this may not be your area of expertise. You are busy running your business. We are WordPress experts and can offer faster development than may be possible on your own, in a more efficient and experienced manner. This is what we do and have encountered and overcome many of the challenges that come along with this area of business. Therefore we can save you time and money, as well as minimize stress.
Here are some reasons why you should consider hiring a WordPress professional instead of doing it yourself:
- The learning curve. The first time you do anything new, there is a certain learning curve involved and it might be more than you bargained for. It takes time and experience to maneuver around a website like a pro.
- If everything doesn’t go according to plan, would you know where to start in order to troubleshoot? For example, sometimes a plugin can take down an entire site due to incompatibility. If you do not have the right tools, you may not be able to get the site back up quickly.
- If you are looking for more advanced functionality, we can provide recommendations on which plugin and developer/brand to select and have likely already installed and customized similar apps.
Working together with your web designer on your website makes good business sense. Additionally, since you will have a login to an online content management system, you have the flexibility to make website updates yourself and utilize Fun4business when needed and on advanced requests.
Next up: Website Maintenance Services
- Read about our manual WordPress updates pricing and plans.
- Check out our Infographic to help you decide whether you need a custom website design or WordPress website.