What is WordPress?
WordPress is the world’s most popular, open-source, content management system for websites on the Internet. Don’t believe me? Check out this list of stats published by CODEINWP here.
WordPress boasts a famous installation time of 5 minutes or less, and is available via a one-click install by many web hosting providers. Speed is a critical consideration in any technical development in the information age.
Additionally, being open source, there is world-wide support and development happening around the world to make this a truly innovative, continually evolving and agile platform, while continually paying attention to online security through patches and regular updates.
Why choose WordPress for your website?
WordPress is a good choice for you if one or more of the following requirements defines your online web project:
- You need your website up quickly. And by quickly, it is possible to have your entire site built within a week or less. (This of course depends on what stage the content development is in.)
- You plan to update your website regularly. WordPress makes it easy to even login from your phone and post new pages, blog articles and content at your convenience.
- Your website is a collaborative project. You would like to assign work to multiple people and see the potential in having a built-in login system with multiple levels/roles available.
- You are going to expand and evolve your website over time. WordPress has thousands of “plugins” and “widgets” available to expand the functionality of your website. If you can think of it, it’s probably already already built and is ready to add to your site in a matter of minutes.
- You see the long-term benefits of setting up a database-driven website and are ready to make the investment for a more efficient and sophisticated system.
- You like the idea of being able to refresh your website’s design every couple of years by simply choosing and applying a new WordPress theme to overlay your current website architecture and content, instead of having to start from scratch when you need a new look.
Why hire a WordPress consultant to build and maintain your website?
Regardless of the fact that WordPress facilitates the ease of website design, creation and maintenance, this may not be your area of expertise. You are busy running your business. We are WordPress experts and can offer faster development than may be possible on your own, in a more efficient and experienced manner. This is what we do and have encountered and overcome many of the challenges that come along with this area of business. Therefore we can save you time and money, as well as minimize stress.
Here are some reasons why you should consider hiring a WordPress professional instead of doing it yourself:
- The learning curve. The first time you do anything new, there is a certain learning curve involved and it might be more than you bargained for. It takes time and experience to maneuver around a website like a pro.
- If everything doesn’t go according to plan, would you know where to start in order to troubleshoot? For example, sometimes a plugin can take down an entire site due to incompatibility. If you do not have the right tools, you may not be able to get the site back up quickly.
- If you are looking for more advanced functionality, we can provide recommendations on which plugin and developer/brand to select and have likely already installed and customized similar apps.
Working together with your web designer on your website makes good business sense. Additionally, since you will have a login to an online content management system, you have the flexibility to make website updates yourself and utilize Fun4business when needed and on advanced requests.